I've begun this post many times before this one, but I could never find the right words to say. Everything got jumbled up and nothing sounded right. So here I am trying once again, but I think I will just say what I mean this time without embellishments and fancy things.
I am proud of you. You've endured so much throughout the years, and I won't pretend there weren't times when I worried a great deal about your future. But you did it. You finished school early. You made it to adulthood in once piece. And now you've moved away to the coast to pursue your dreams and experience something new. I am amazed by you.
You and I have been on each other's good sides and our worst throughout our lives. There were times when you claimed you hated me in your own boyish anger and angst, and of course, I antagonized you. But there were other times when you stood up for me, and you wanted more than anything for me to like you. I never forgot those times.
Things have changed so much over our eighteen years together. You were my baby brother, then my little brother, my playmate, my friend, annoying kid who just so happens to occupy a bedroom near mine, just a family member, to my friend again, and now you're an adult who lives in Oregon on his own! What happened?!
The memories have come and gone. From playing with Legos and Hot Wheels in your room to holding our sister's baby for the first time to walking me down the aisle at my wedding. You're my brother, my friend, and I am proud of you.
I am so excited for this new chapter in your life and remember that no matter what happens, it's all part of the story.
I love you and best of luck, little brother.
Yours,
Kaleigh


















No comments:
Post a Comment