Friday, August 22, 2014

Lately

I am glad that this week is nearly over and that classes are beginning on Monday. I have been out of school for almost a year, and I actually miss it. Not only that, but I am looking forward to starting so that I can get done. Sean is graduating this May which was my original graduation time, but since I took a break, it looks like I will be done the fall after. So only one more year! We really want to move abroad right after I finish which I really look forward to. But for right now, we are here in good ol' Kansas City. 

Sean took me clothes shopping for school earlier this week which I thought was very nice of him. I just got a few things, but they will last me for quite a while, I think. It was nice spending the day with Sean again. I think we spent nearly four hours at the mall just looking at clothes. One thing I love about Sean is that he really likes shopping for clothes. He likes trying on new styles and colors and we give each other feedback about what we like and don't like about the outfits we choose. I don't think very many guys are like that about clothes, so I am very grateful that Sean is. 

Last night, we went out with a friend that we hadn't seen in a while. It was a successful night and I think everyone had a good time. We don't go out very often, but I don't mind it when we do. I rarely drink when we go out; in fact, I only had water last night, but I enjoy the conversation and watching my friends choose their next drinks. After the bar, Sean and I went to Steak and Shake before heading home. But unfortunately I don't have any pictures from last night. I really need to get better about taking photos. I think I just always feel weird about it. I am also really bad because I get caught up in the experience and I forget. Hardly a problem for most as that is something they want to do more of, but when you're out to record your experiences, it's not too great. 

We didn't come home until 5 in the morning so I ended up sleeping until 3 pm. I did, however, receive a call from the job I applied for and I got it, so that is pretty exciting. I am also really glad that I won't be starting until September 2nd as next week my focuses will be on school and getting into the swing of things again. So it seems that everything is working out for right now. 
Here are some photos from this week.

Such a babe!

I got these black pants from H&M that look kind of like leggings but they are a thicker material, so I can wear them with regular tops!



Sean's been bringing home this soda from work and it tastes so good! I love it way better (ha!) than regular Dr. Pepper!

I've been practicing on my ukulele a lot more lately. I've learned about three or four songs and it is getting easier and easier to learn new chords.


I bought this succulent from Trader Joe's! He loves just chillin' in the bathroom and looking out the window!


No comments:

Post a Comment