I spent the last week at my grandparents' house at Truman Lake in Warsaw, Missouri. Sean and I have been going through some tough times since a person in his immediate family passed away very suddenly. The week before last was a long and difficult week so getting down to the lake was very helpful. Unfortunately, Sean could not come along so it was just me and my grandparents.
The house was built by my great-grandparents Dean and Barbara in the 1980s. I would go there a lot as a child and spend days to weeks with them. It was my favorite place to be. When my grandma Barbara died when I was sixteen, there was a lot of talk about selling the house and having my grandpa move closer to their daughter, my grandma Debbie, but after a few years Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Carl decided it would be best to sell their home and move in with Grandpa Dean at the lake. Now all three of them live there together and they really love it. The house looks better than it ever has and part of that is because Sean and I are getting married there in October.
But I think my grandma takes a lot of pride in keeping up her mother's house.
The peace and quiet there was really perfect. I spent a lot of time reading and helping to get ready for my Grandpa Dean's brother's 90th birthday party.
I just wanted to share some photos of my week at my favorite place in the world.
Happy August!
No comments:
Post a Comment