Hi, guys! Here are some more photos about our wedding! This installment focuses on our ceremony.
Sean and I said goodbye to each other on Thursday morning as we each went to stay with our own families for the days leading up to the wedding. We would talk here and there but we didn't see each other again until I was literally walking down the aisle.
As I mentioned, the wedding was very DIY so my family and I spent our days getting things done. By Saturday, we still had a lot to do and because the ceremony didn't actually start until 4 in the afternoon, all day it felt like the wedding wasn't even going to happen! I kept saying to everyone that it felt like "the wedding is tomorrow." But it wasn't so by the time 2 o'clock rolled around and I started getting ready, it just seemed like I couldn't get my mind to understand what was happening.
I was very nervous. Not at all about the whole marrying Sean part. I was really nervous about how everything was going to go, so I was drinking a lot of water and trying to remember to breathe and not throw up. It didn't help that it literally felt like one moment they were saying I had two hours and the next moment I had ten minutes.The whole thing went by very quickly.
I kept asking, "Is Sean out there?" so that I could safely talk to people. But that door was opened and closed so often from people coming in and out that it probably would've made more sense to just keep it open the whole time!
This is my beautiful younger/prettier sister/maid-of-honor. I was pretty composed until they told me I had five minutes and then this girl came and started crying and then of course I started crying.
It was a hot mess.
This my younger/28-year-old-looking brother (he's actually 17...I know, right?). He walked me down the aisle and I am so happy and grateful that he did. I'm pretty lucky to have had both my siblings be with me during my ceremony!
Here is Sean's first look! As you can see, he was very nervous, but very happy. I remember the moment he saw me I kind of suddenly came to this realization that, "Oh my god...this is actually happening right now...How did this happen?! When did I get here?!" It wasn't scary, it was just startling and happy, if that makes sense?
I imagine that that is how it felt to be Lucy on 50 First Dates when she wakes up at the end and finds out that she's on a boat in Alaska with her husband and daughter and her whole family is there. The whole experience was just surreal.
Oh, that guy with the book...that's my dad! And he married us! Once again, I am so thankful to have had my family be part of the ceremony!
This is what happened as soon as I got up there. We hadn't seen each other since Thursday morning and not only that but I think we both kind of had the same thought that we couldn't believe what was happening. I don't think much could have prepared me to go through how startling and emotional the whole ceremony was.
We wrote our own vows and even though I had read them before he wrote them, I still enjoyed hearing them again. Sean is such a beautiful writer. His were very poetic whereas mine were very straight-forward and specific.
"You may kiss your bride!"
Check back tomorrow for some more details on our wedding!

.jpg)

















No comments:
Post a Comment