Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Milo.


My sweet baby died today. 

He was only two years old, but he lived the fullest life a bunny could have. I know a lot of people don't know much about rabbits, but they're just like cats and dogs. We bought him from a breeder whose main buyers were those interested in rabbit meat. And for a rabbit who could have been meat, Milo was pretty damn lively.
Milo had the biggest personality of any animal I've met. I will miss his grandpa face, the way he'd ignore me when I called him, and when he didn't. I will miss how he would hop over immediately if he heard the fridge open, the way he'd try (and succeed) to jump in the trash can and eat leftover vegetables.
Milo gave no fucks. He did what he wanted and was never afraid of other animals or people. He'd lay where he pleased and try to steal your food if it happened to be something he liked. I remember one time this summer when he climbed on the windowsills and ate all the herbs and plants I was growing. His breath smelled like mint and rosemary for two days.

I have so many wonderful memories of my little bunny boy, I couldn't possibly write them all.
Milo was my baby and my heart is broken by his passing. He was funny, loving, friendly and sweet.
I will miss him so much. Rest in peace, Milo. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment