Sunday, September 13, 2015

Packing and Bruno Mars Songs

Tonight is my last night in the apartment. I'm sitting in my empty room, singing along to stupid pop songs (All you young, wild girls you make a mess of me. Yeah, you young, wild girls you'll be the death of me, the death me!), thinking of all that needs to be done, and what this week and the weeks following will bring.
I can feel myself changing. I can see it in how I carry myself these days, and I feel myself refreshing, but building stronger and stronger. For the first time in my life, I feel confident enough to see myself as a woman rather than a child. And I know that all of this is just the beginning for me.
My new environment will certainly test me in more ways than one. It's not ideal, but it's the challenge that has been placed in front of me, and I am more than willing to accept it: I look forward to it.
Tomorrow is the first day of the next chapter in my life. I'm ready and I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment