Hello, and I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Today I want to talk about New Year's Eve. If you're anything like me, you're probably a little stressed about what you're going to do for this momentous holiday. It's the end of the year! You're supposed to do something fun and crazy and totally epic! Something to end the year with a bang!
Okay, Charlie Sheen. Slow your roll. Let's begin by saying that you can bring in the new year however you like. You don't have to go all crazy, rave party. So I decided to put together a list of ideas! There are some alternatively awesome ways that you can spend your New Year's Eve this year.1. Be present and intentional.
I know this sounds kind of lame but I really think it's great advice. Being present and intentional looks different for different people. For me, it would mean waking up early on New Year's Eve morning, making my favorite hot tea, putting on my favorite record and listening as I make a yummy breakfast. I would take a walk at some point and maybe unplug from the internet for a while. I would live in the moment and spend the day writing, reading, spending time with Sean. Days like these shouldn't be reserved for New Year's Eve either. I feel like these days are called, "Sundays". But you can never have too many and ending the year with one is a guaranteed success!
2. Have a movie night.
Round up your significant other, your friends, your siblings, your cat, and whoever else, and watch some movies! Movie nights are always fun. In fact, this is probably what Sean and I will be doing. Need some movie theme ideas? I've got ya covered!
- Harry Potter
- Pixar
- Wes Anderson
- Audrey Hepburn
- Gene Wilder (my choice!)
- Tim Burton
- Lord of the Rings
- Star Wars
As you can see, you can pretty much go anywhere with this night. Just grab some popcorn, hot cocoa, leftover Christmas candy, warm pajamas, and your favorite blanket or furry friend and you're good to go!
3. Have a craft party.
I am a big fan of craft sessions and it doesn't take much to get me focused for hours on a project. Maybe you can relate, so why not have a craft party? Here are some great craft ideas I've gathered for you!
Round up your significant other, your friends, your siblings, your cat, and whoever else, and watch some movies! Movie nights are always fun. In fact, this is probably what Sean and I will be doing. Need some movie theme ideas? I've got ya covered!
- Harry Potter
- Pixar
- Wes Anderson
- Audrey Hepburn
- Gene Wilder (my choice!)
- Tim Burton
- Lord of the Rings
- Star Wars
As you can see, you can pretty much go anywhere with this night. Just grab some popcorn, hot cocoa, leftover Christmas candy, warm pajamas, and your favorite blanket or furry friend and you're good to go!
3. Have a craft party.
I am a big fan of craft sessions and it doesn't take much to get me focused for hours on a project. Maybe you can relate, so why not have a craft party? Here are some great craft ideas I've gathered for you!
Follow Kaleigh's board Craft Party Ideas on Pinterest.
4. Clean out your house/apartment/room.
Bring in the new year with a clean space! There is nothing more motivating than a home that is cleaned up and organized for the year. Plus, if you start now, there will be less to do when spring cleaning rolls around.
5. Have a dinner date with a friend or significant other.
What better way to spend the last day of the year than to have a fancy dinner date with your best friend or significant other? You could even have fun making your feast together. Don't like to cook? Order pizza! Open a bottle of wine and reflect on the year together. Or play video games. I mean, you've got choices.
6. Build a fort.
After dinner, build a fort! This is especially fun if there are kids around. Grab some sheets, blankets, and pillows and set it up in the living room or under the dining room table. Even better, set up a tent. Bring in some board games, an iPad for movies, some books and you're all set.
7. Bake.
I loveee to bake! If you do too, why not try baking something you've never baked before? Make a cake to share with friends or family, a loaf of bread, or a pie! If you don't want to be too adventurous, I give you permission to buy frozen cookie dough instead. Go ahead. I won't tell anyone.
8. Be outside.
Go on a walk! Go hiking! Play in the snow and build an igloo if you have to! I think a lot of people underestimate the memory-making power of being outdoors, especially when much of our life is spent in front of a screen. Be out "in it", as they say. Then you can come inside and snuggle up next to the fire with some hot cocoa and your best furry friend!
9. Have a spa night.
Stressed? Of course you are! Do yourself a favor. Head over to Lush or your favorite beauty store, stock up on bath bombs, salts, and facial masks. Go home, do your nails, soak in the bath with a glass of wine and a good book. I guarantee you will have no regrets about bringing your in the year this way.
10. Play games.
Invite some friends and pick your poison, er...I mean, game! Does this mean board game or video game? Or charades? It means what you want! Some great games to consider for large groups: Cards Against Humanity (not for children), Catchphrase, Taboo, Scattergories, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Super Smash Bros., Halo series, Timesplitters.
11. Make a scrapbook about the year.
If you're a sentimental and reflective person like I am, you might find this one appealing. Make a scrapbook of the year. You can prepare this by having photos printed ahead of time or you can just print them yourself on regular paper. I've seen some people even go on sites like Snapfish and make hardbound books as well.
Well, I hope you all enjoyed this list! I know the holidays can be so stressful at times, so by the time you get to New Year's Eve, you just want to purge all that negativity out of your life immediately, but I think you also have to be smart about how exactly you're doing that. Partying is fun but sometimes it's just as fun to spend it with people you really care about, or even alone just doing something you really enjoy. There is nothing wrong with what you choose to do. You have so many more years to do something different. I wish you all the best and most wonderful New Year celebration and I will see you next year. Happy New Year!
Bring in the new year with a clean space! There is nothing more motivating than a home that is cleaned up and organized for the year. Plus, if you start now, there will be less to do when spring cleaning rolls around.
5. Have a dinner date with a friend or significant other.
What better way to spend the last day of the year than to have a fancy dinner date with your best friend or significant other? You could even have fun making your feast together. Don't like to cook? Order pizza! Open a bottle of wine and reflect on the year together. Or play video games. I mean, you've got choices.
6. Build a fort.
After dinner, build a fort! This is especially fun if there are kids around. Grab some sheets, blankets, and pillows and set it up in the living room or under the dining room table. Even better, set up a tent. Bring in some board games, an iPad for movies, some books and you're all set.
7. Bake.
I loveee to bake! If you do too, why not try baking something you've never baked before? Make a cake to share with friends or family, a loaf of bread, or a pie! If you don't want to be too adventurous, I give you permission to buy frozen cookie dough instead. Go ahead. I won't tell anyone.
8. Be outside.
Go on a walk! Go hiking! Play in the snow and build an igloo if you have to! I think a lot of people underestimate the memory-making power of being outdoors, especially when much of our life is spent in front of a screen. Be out "in it", as they say. Then you can come inside and snuggle up next to the fire with some hot cocoa and your best furry friend!
9. Have a spa night.
Stressed? Of course you are! Do yourself a favor. Head over to Lush or your favorite beauty store, stock up on bath bombs, salts, and facial masks. Go home, do your nails, soak in the bath with a glass of wine and a good book. I guarantee you will have no regrets about bringing your in the year this way.
10. Play games.
Invite some friends and pick your poison, er...I mean, game! Does this mean board game or video game? Or charades? It means what you want! Some great games to consider for large groups: Cards Against Humanity (not for children), Catchphrase, Taboo, Scattergories, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Super Smash Bros., Halo series, Timesplitters.
11. Make a scrapbook about the year.
If you're a sentimental and reflective person like I am, you might find this one appealing. Make a scrapbook of the year. You can prepare this by having photos printed ahead of time or you can just print them yourself on regular paper. I've seen some people even go on sites like Snapfish and make hardbound books as well.
Well, I hope you all enjoyed this list! I know the holidays can be so stressful at times, so by the time you get to New Year's Eve, you just want to purge all that negativity out of your life immediately, but I think you also have to be smart about how exactly you're doing that. Partying is fun but sometimes it's just as fun to spend it with people you really care about, or even alone just doing something you really enjoy. There is nothing wrong with what you choose to do. You have so many more years to do something different. I wish you all the best and most wonderful New Year celebration and I will see you next year. Happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment