Monday, November 24, 2014

Make: Nail Polish Ornaments!


Guys, I'm starting to get that Christmastime fever! I've been spending a lot of time lately getting the apartment all decorated for the holidays and I am very happy with it so far! I picked some supplies up from the craft store last week and while our place looks very cheery, it's not quite done. But I absolutely plan on sharing when I am finished!

In the meantime, I wanted to show you all one of the projects I did this weekend! I know a lot of you have probably seen the posts on Pinterest where you can put acrylic paint inside glass or plastic ornament baubles and make them whatever colors you like.
Well, I tried that and it wasn't quite working as the paint tended to be too thick and water just made it more frustrating, so I thought, "Hey, why not try nail polish and water?"
So I did and my ornaments turned out amazing! Mixing the colors and then the way the polish scatters and sticks to the glass made them look so pretty. I am very happy with these ornaments and I definitely recommend trying your hand at it and experimenting with what you can create!

Unfortunately, I forgot to buy hooks to put them up so they're still waiting patiently in the box. But I think once they're on the tree they'll look awesome.

What kind of holiday projects have got you in the Christmas mood this week? Make a post of your project and share it with us in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment