I recently had a job interview to work in another retail environment. I left the interview and was offered the job just two hours later, which was very surprising. I am looking forward to starting and I am glad to have two jobs now so I know that our bills will be paid and we will have extra money to do things this summer.
Additionally, I begin classes in less than two weeks. I am very excited and looking forward to interacting with people that aren't coworkers or Sean, but I do hope that I can keep up with everything so soon.
Here are some other things that I've been up to:
These cups aren't particularly new at all, but they are to me, in a way. The Air Force base we lived on in Italy used to hold these field trip-type events where you could pay a flat fee and then travel somewhere around Italy or Europe with a group. In 2004, my mother took a Polish pottery trip to Poland. Apparently it was a good trip because she left with about $200 and came back with enough pottery to make hundreds of dollars in the states if she wanted to. Mom had planned on buying a hutch to display her favorite pieces but could never find the right one and before she knew it, we were moving again. The entire collection was packed away in a tall cardboard box and shipped to our next destination. But somehow, over the next ten years, the box was never opened again. Mom says she didn't realize we still had it and so, up until last month when it was discovered, it stayed packed up in it's time capsule-like state.
Unpacking the box was like Christmas. There were things in there that I hadn't seen since, well, I was eleven. Of the beautiful Polish pieces, my mom gave me these: two sets of mismatching cups and saucers. They have become prized possessions of mine and the beginning of my own Polish pottery collection.
And let's just say, I'm not hoping to study abroad in Poland next year for no reason.
I have been making a lot of smoothies lately, which I am kind of proud of. Not to mention, I've been using some of my wheat grass, as you can see, and it is turning our very well! This particular smoothie was one I made when I felt myself getting sick. After drinking this pitcher, I felt better the next day. I really wouldn't be surprised if wheat grass has healing properties!
Sean and I recently visited one of our local favorites: Town Topic. I was craving a cheeseburger terribly so we stopped by and had some delicious diner food! After my burger, I ordered a piece of warm blackberry pie with vanilla ice cream on top. Yum!
A friend of ours, and a friend of his, had a joint birthday party last weekend which Sean and I attended. We arrived at the party just before 7:00 PM and left at 5:30 AM so we really enjoyed ourselves. I wanted to share this photo of Sean (left) conversing with a our good friend Charlie. I love this photo because it is so genuine and I am glad to have caught them both in such a happy moment.
![]() |
| Henry's first photo |
Tell me about your pet! If you don't have one, what kind of pet do you wish you had?
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment